HG-X Chain uses a directional design with specifically shaped inner and outer plates to optimise shifting over the chainset and cassette.
- Outer plate design has been developed to reduce the chance of chain suck
- The inner plate has been developed for better contact with gears providing smoother shifting under high load, giving efficient pedalling, increased rigidity and near silent running
- Durability is assured through a chromising treatment on link pins, and the heat treatment of rollers, pins, and plates
- Open design of inner links increase mud shedding ability
- Mushrooming of the pins gives unsurpassed side-plate retention, enabling the chain to far exceed the BS/ISO standard for breaking force
- Chain is optimised for Shimano 10-speed HG-X MTB drivetrains only
- Corrosion-resistant grey finish on inner and outer plates